+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milk Protein Isolate vs Complete Milk Dairy Isolate

Default Milk Protein Isolate vs Complete Milk Dairy Isolate

What's the difference between these 2? It says CMDI is 80% micellar casein and 20% whey isolate. What about MPI? It just says "casein" with "whey" with no mention of percentage nor type of casein/whey?

It is a very similar percentage...the difference is in the method of filtration and processing.
    Get 5% off your order at TrueProtein - Discount Code: NPP443

Can I have the details, like percentages, casein/whey source, and processing? I would like to know what I'm missing out on for $3/lb less.

The MPI page states that it's derived from ultra filtration, but the CMDI doesn't say other than "gental isolation process", which I'm not sure means what?
    Last edited by galapogos; 06-04-2009 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by galapogos View Post
    Can I have the details, like percentages, casein/whey source, and processing? I would like to know what I'm missing out on for $3/lb less.

The MPI page states that it's derived from ultra filtration, but the CMDI doesn't say other than "gental isolation process", which I'm not sure means what?
    Percentages of what? it is 80% casein and 20% whey, just like CMDI.

I am not a protein scientist...I'm not sure...

TPC (Co-Owner of TP) wrote this:
    i will have to give a more round about answer as i could write on and on for something way too long in a post, in the future it is something i will be writing about in more depth as this question has come up many times before.

i will give a quick synopsis of the differences though. overall, they are both very similar proteins, yes they are both naturally consisting of 80% casein and 20% whey, but the CMDI goes a bit further. it is processed in a much less harsh environment which yields a much less "processed" and undenatured protein powder. this gentler processed CMDI retains many of it's natural protein fractions and subfractions.

many of you may have been hearing of these as of late, they are the lactoferrin's, the immunoglobulins, etc. they may not seem like a big deal but these fractions and components that are often left out of many protein powders have a wide variety of uses. lactoferrin in particular has many protective values of the immune system (anti-inflamatory, anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-tumor), studies have even shown inhibitory effects against HIV and cancer. and with most of us training heavy, the extra effects of cortisol blocking and added growth factors are always a plus.
    And here is a more indepth look at the process for MPI (I think...I didn't read it all).
    Get 5% off your order at TrueProtein - Discount Code: NPP443

+ Reply to Thread