+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mixing Whey and Soy Protein?

Default Mixing Whey and Soy Protein?

First post, found the website by mistake while googling for non gmo soy protein. Lots of interesting products.

I compete in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Submission Grappling. I like Soy Protein alot, but I have a full time landscaping job and a full time training schedule. After the 20-30 minute drive home I have about 1.5 - 2.5 hours before training starts depending on what day it is. This doesn't leave me to much time to eat and I would like to begin taking whey pre training since Soy takes about twice as long to do its thing.

This gave me another idea though. Why not mix them together? Only problem is I can't seem to find alot of information on how both of them would work together on the internet. I have come across alot of Whey vs. Soy debates though.

I'm wondering does soy protein have any effect on how quickly whey protein digests? I know casein protein has this effect on whey and was curious. If both proteins play nice together I was thinking about ordering a pound or two of a simple 50/50 mix of non-gmo soy protein isolate and the cfm whey protein isolate to try out.

Thanks in advance for any info
    Last edited by Brett; 06-09-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Welcome to TP! I think mixing soy with whey will work out fine. If u use a whey isolate u should come out with a fast-medium digesting shake which will suit your needs perfectly. I love they cfm iso too, it mixes great. I would lean towards more of the chocolate or cream flavors with this mix. Hope this helps.
    Use My Discount Code JSG555 to Save 5% Off of Your Order and Help A Broke College Guy Out

Quote Originally Posted by Buff0910 View Post
    Welcome to TP! I think mixing soy with whey will work out fine. If u use a whey isolate u should come out with a fast-medium digesting shake which will suit your needs perfectly. I love they cfm iso too, it mixes great. I would lean towards more of the chocolate or cream flavors with this mix. Hope this helps.
    Great thanks for info and advice.

I'm kind of curious about this gemma pea protein also. I need to do some more research though.

Gemma is good to but is also somewhere between fast-medium. If you want fast with medium, go with WPI and Soy/Gemma. The new gemma also has a ton of sodium now so keep that in mind.
    Use My Discount Code JSG555 to Save 5% Off of Your Order and Help A Broke College Guy Out

Quote Originally Posted by Buff0910 View Post
    Gemma is good to but is also somewhere between fast-medium. If you want fast with medium, go with WPI and Soy/Gemma. The new gemma also has a ton of sodium now so keep that in mind.
    I ordered the soy/wpi 50/50 blend.

I noticed that about the sodium in the gemma. It might be useful to use 3-4 weeks out from a competition though. The natural weight loss properties combined with the high sodium could make losing a few extra pounds easy.

I'll try it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaton View Post
    Yeah if you wanna use whey protein mixed with soy protein then you
    should also add some fast-medium digesting shake.
    It would help your stomach to digest it well.
    My next mix will have the PEC additive in it to assist with this. I think this is a good cost effective strategy.

The mix has been working well for me so far in case anyone was curious by the way. The boost to my recovery is pretty surprising.
    Last edited by Brett; 07-19-2011 at 03:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread