+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hemp protein shelf life

Default Hemp protein shelf life

Hi everyone. I just bought 5lbs of hemp powder and now I'm a little concerned about finishing it before it expires. Does anyone know the shelf life of the TN Hemp powder? I have searched the forums extensively but I can't find an exact answer for this. I've read on here to keep hemp protein in the fridge, but for how long will it last in the fridge? How long out of the fridge? Other sites, from other manufacturers, state anywhere from 2 months to 8 months. Also, if the correct people are reading this, perhaps updating the product description with the shelf life will be helpful for others as well. Much appreciated.

The Hemp Protein powder we currently offer has a shelf life of 2 years from the date of manufacture. Some recommend refrigerating the material, but our material is stable at room temperature for the length of the expiry date if kept sealed in a dry, cool environment.

Thank you for your prompt reply. My 5lb tub has no date of manufacture however. Is it safe to assume it was manufactured sometime with the last few weeks, or it is possible it has been stored in a warehouse for several months?

Hey again Lagos, we bring fresh batches of raw material in every 1-2 months, so the shelf life should be very close to the stated 2 years from the time you place your order with us online.

+ Reply to Thread